BIOMIMESYS® Liver is a Hyaluronic acid (HA) based scaffold 3D cell culture model. This groundbreaking 3D cell culture technology associates the behavior of a solid scaffold and of a hydrogel, which we call “Hydroscaffold”. The Hydroscaffold’s composition and mechanical properties can mimics the microenvironment of Liver. It is proven to provide better in vitro/in vivo correlation and cell longevity than 2D models.
For a better cell longevity and a proper phenotype
BIOMIMESYS® Liver is dedicated to the culture of liver cells such as hepatocytes. Unlike in 2D culture, primary human hepatocytes in 3D within BIOMIMESYS® Liver had their enzymatic activities (e.g. CYPs) and albumin secretion maintained until 21 days.
For a better in vitro/in vivo correlation
Ready to Use
BIOMIMESYS® Oncology is EASY & READY TO USE. Upon receiving the vacuum sealed 96-well plate open it (under a hood) and add the cells directly on top of the matrix. Changing the culture medium is easy as well. To remove medium, simply draw the medium with a pipette between the matrix and the edge of the well. To refresh the medium, place fresh medium onto the surface of the matrix.
Successfully Tested Cells
Human hepatocytes : HepaRG, IHH
Human stellate : LX2
Human liver hepatocellular carcinoma : HepG2
Human liver hepatoma : PLC / PRF-5
Human colorectal adenocarcinoma : HCT 116
Human hepatocytes : HH cryopreserved
Hematopoietic : CD34+
Human induced pluripotent stem cells : hiPS
Complete List of Tested Cells [PDF]
Compatible with Most Downstream Applications
BIOMIMESYS® hydroscaffold has many properties (transparent, porous, biodegradable, & solid) making it ideal for use with numerous downstream applications.
- Hyaluronic acid (HA) (1.6MDa) grafted with RGDS
- Adipic acid dihydrazide (ADH) as crosslinker
- Collagen Type I & VI
- Young’s modulus: ~0.6kPa – different stiffness is available through customization
- Porosity: 117±23μm
24 Hydrogel / 96 Well
- SKU: BIO_LIV_96_24_transp
- SKU: BIO_LIV_96_24_black
96 Hydrogel / 96 Well
- SKU: BIO_LIV_96_96_transp
- SKU: BIO_LIV_96_96_black
384 Hydrogel / 384 Well / Black
- SKU: BIO_LIV_384_384_black
- SKU: BIO_LIV_384_384_black_5
References & Literature
1. Bachmann, A. et al. 3D Cultivation Techniques for Primary Human Hepatocytes. Microarrays (Basel) 4, 64–83 (2015) doi: 10.3390/microarrays4010064
2. Wilkening, S., Stahl, F. & Bader, A. Comparison of primary human hepatocytes and hepatoma cell line Hepg2 with regard to their biotransformation properties. Drug Metab Dispos 31, 1035–1042 (2003) doi: 10.1124/dmd.31.8.1035.
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY, NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES