HemEX™ – Type9A is a basal medium specifically designed for the expansion of mouse hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) isolated from bone marrow. Contaminants derived from albumin can trigger the differentiation of HSCs. By substituting albumin with polyvinyl alcohol (PVA), HemEX™ – Type9A can maintain HSCs in an undifferentiated state for over one month during expansion culture.
Maintaining the Undifferentiated State
HemEX™ – Type9A utilizes polyvinyl alcohol instead of albumin to minimize oxidation reactions and suppress the differentiation of HSCs.
Fig.1 Flow cytometry analysis of mouse HSCs that were cultured in HemEx®-Type9A supplemented with 10ug/mL of stem cell factor cytokines and 100ug/mL of thrombopoietin (TPO) for 7 days using U-bottom plates. Based on the characteristics of Lin – / Sca-1 + / c-Kit +, the cultured cells maintained their stemness.
Based on the Wilkinson et al 2019 publication.
**Requires the addition of cytokines.
**Penicillin and streptomycin are not in HemEx™ but maybe add based on your needs.
- Size: 100mL (bottle)
- Storage temperature: 2-8°C
- Shelf life: 1 year following manufacture date
- Manufactured by: Cell Science and Technology Institute
- .Wilkinson, A. C. et al. Long-term ex vivo haematopoietic-stem-cell expansion allows nonconditioned transplantation. Nature 571, 117–121 (2019) doi: 10.1038/s41586-019-1244-x.
- Wilkinson, A. C., Ishida, R., Nakauchi, H. & Yamazaki, S. Long-term ex vivo expansion of mouse hematopoietic stem cells. Nature Protocols 15, 628–648 (2020) doi: 10.1038/s41596-019-0263-2.
- Ochi, K., Morita, M., Wilkinson, A. C., Iwama, A. & Yamazaki, S. Non-conditioned bone marrow chimeric mouse generation using culture-based enrichment of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells. Nature Communications 12, 3568 (2021) doi: 10.1038/s41467-021-23763-z.
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY, NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES