CELLBANKER® 1 is a ready-to-use cell cryopreservation medium with a serum-containing formulation suitable for a broad spectrum of mammalian cell cultures. Its unique formulation enables stable cryopreservation and high viability after the freeze-thaw procedure, even for sensitive cell lines.
|Cells||Preservation period (Year)||Viability of cells (%)|
|Preserved at -80℃||Preserved at -196℃|
|Kidney-derived tumor cell||5||90||90|
|EBV transformed cell||5||90||90|
For optimum results, cells for cryopreservation should be in log phase of growth. Similar or other standard freezing protocols may be substituted.
- Examine and make sure the cell culture is free of contamination, in healthy and at proper confluency.
- Perform a cell count to determine the viability of cells.
- Centrifuge at 1,000 – 2,000 rpm, 4°C for 3 to 5 minutes to gently pellet the cells. Remove the supernatant with an aspirator.
- Gently suspend STEM-CELLBANKER® GMP grade cryopreservation medium (1 mL for 5×10⁵ – 5×10⁶ cells).
- Transfer 1 mL of the cell suspension to cryopreservation vial labeled with appropriate information (the cell line name, concentration, passage date etc.).
- Place the vials directly in -80℃ for storage.
- (OPTIONAL) Transfer the frozen vials to a liquid nitrogen storage tank after the vials have been frozen for at least 24 hours.
IMPORTANT: Optimum protocol may change with the cell types.
- Remove the cryopreservation vial from the freezer and quickly thaw cells in a 37°C shaking water bath or shake by hand.
- Transfer the content to a centrifugation tube then immediately dilute and gently mix with 10mL of complete cell culture medium. Using CELLOTION® instead of complete culture medium will prevent adhesion of cells to the wall of the tube, increasing the recovery rate.
- Centrifuge cells at 1,000 – 2,000 rpm, 4°C for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the supernatant with an aspirator.
- Gently resuspend the cells with an appropriate volume of complete cell culture medium then plate in a culture flask or plate
- Continue the culture procedures according to standard protocols.
- Manufactured By : Zenogen Pharma Co., Ltd
- Size : 20mL & 100mL
- Storage and Stability : 2 to 8℃ or below -20℃
- Expiration date : 3 years after the date of manufacture
- Disclaimer: For research purposes only
References & Literature
Lee, H.-O. et al. Lineage-dependent gene expression programs influence the immune landscape of colorectal cancer. Nature Genetics 52, 594–603 (2020) doi: 10.1038/s41588-020-0636-z.
Wang, Z. et al. mRNA vaccine-elicited antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 and circulating variants. Nature 592, 616–622 (2021) doi: 10.1038/s41586-021-03324-6.
Shinozawa, T. et al. High-Fidelity Drug-Induced Liver Injury Screen Using Human Pluripotent Stem Cell–Derived Organoids. Gastroenterology 160, 831-846.e10 (2021) doi: 10.1053/j.gastro.2020.10.002.
Parajuli, B. et al. Transnasal transplantation of human induced pluripotent stem cell-derived microglia to the brain of immunocompetent mice. Glia 69, 2332–2348 (2021) doi: 10.1002/glia.23985.
Oguri, S. et al. Effect of varying storage conditions on diagnostic test outcomes of SARS-CoV-2. J Infect 83, 119–145 (2021) doi: 10.1016/j.jinf.2021.03.026.
Yoshida, J. et al. Mitochondrial complex I inhibitors suppress tumor growth through concomitant acidification of the intra- and extracellular environment. iScience 24, 103497 (2021) doi: 10.1016/j.isci.2021.103497.
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY, NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES